Friday, February 18, 2011

Challenging

I just got done reading this blog post from Thursday, February 17th. I encourage you to read it; however, be ready to be challenged. It is written by a young woman named Katie that lives in Africa. I follow her blog Amazima, and every time I read her posts, I am challenged and encouraged. She is an amazing young woman, but I have a feeling she wouldn't describe herself in that way. I think that she would say she was just a normal girl that has agreed to follow God and His will for her life passionately and obediently. I think she would say that she has learned that living passionately for God comes with its own obstacles and challenges; and yet, she wouldn't have it any other way, because our God is a big, faithful God that can overcome these obstacles and challenges. I, of course, am guessing on these things, because I have never met her. I am just going by what I have read on her blog. I find her to be selfless in her love for people, she seems to desire for people to know and love Jesus, and she seems willing to be uncomfortable for the sake of Christ.

I am not sending her link to make you feel guilty or that you have to move to Africa to be in the center of God's will. I send it to challenge you to seek out God's will for your life, whatever that may be, and live it out passionately, obstacles and all. I send it to you to challenge you to live selflessly, with a desire to show people Jesus, and to be willing to be uncomfortable while you reflect Jesus and live out God's will with passion.


I am challenged once again by this young woman that I don't know; and yet, we are connected by the Holy Spirit, sisters in Christ forever. I so often live selfishly, too comfortable, with my little day planned out. I want to be in the center of God's will and believe I really know what God has called me to do; however, am I willing to do it with passion, even if it means I am going to be uncomfortable? Am I willing to love others with this type of love, the love of Jesus? Am I willing to still engage with others, even the ones that are hard to love?

So whether we are a teacher, musician, someone with the gift of giving, hospitality, or mercy, a leader of a ministry, or a pastor of a church, we are all called to be selfless, to love like Jesus, to step out of our comfort zone, and to love the unlovely. I think this kind of living goes deeper than our gift-it goes all the way to the heart of Christ.

So sit down and read Katie's blog. You won't be disappointed, because you will see Jesus there.

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...