Friday, February 11, 2011

My Favorite Place in my House

I thought I would share with you my favorite place in my house-other than my bed where I could sleep for hours on end. Anyways, other than my bed, this is my favorite place to be.





My kitchen is a happy place for me. It is happy, cheerful, and colorful. I love that it is eclectic. I am not a decorator so I can't even begin to tell you the so-called style. I just know that I love it.

We had to redo our kitchen right when we moved in, because we found it was destroyed by termites. I got to design it by looking at numerous magazines. I love standing at my window doing dishes and listening to music. I have logged many hours there. When the weather is pretty, I open the windows and listen to the birds while I do dishes and listen to worship music. I love these times. I can listen to my kids play outside and see them as they ride their bikes. My kitchen is nothing fancy-my counters aren't granite and my stove is a regular older style electric stove that probably doesn't cook even, but I don't care. It fits me perfectly.


There is one thing though that I don't like to do in the kitchen. I will just let the sign speak for me.


One last thing-my kitchen rarely looks that clean. I have 3 kids and 5 animals. The sink is usually on the verge of exploding from too many dishes. Also, sometimes you can't tell that I don't have granite counter tops, because you can't see the counter tops. And some days, it just stinks from-well, your guess is as good as mine.

StudioJRU

6 comments:

Cindy said...

L.O.V.E. this...(and your kitchen!)...and I can so identify with the smells and exploding dishes!

"Ima" said...

Thanks Cindy. I really enjoyed designing it, and as you can tell, I love color! At first, the painter thought I was crazy. I went to 12Tribes-I really like your art work. I love the colors.

Jodi Ulschmid said...

Love it! You are so real and honest! :) The last part made me laugh. That is so me. Ha, ha.

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

I love it! How wonderful to design your own kitchen! You did a beautiful job. And it makes it all that more beautiful to know it fits you perfectly! I love standing at my sink looking out the window. I get lost. :) Thank you so much for sharing your favorite place in your house with us on (in)courage! :)

"Ima" said...

Jodi-Thank you. A picture of my kitchen right now would look quite different and much more like reality-Ha! I visited your blog. I love your painting titled "Peace". It is so beautiful.

Jennifer-thanks for the encouraging words. I had a lot of fun designing it. Thanks for doing the "sneek peek on Friday"-that was my first time to link up-and I'm now inspired to get my shower curtain finished:) It is so fun seeing so many creative women.

"Ima" said...

And apparently I don't know how to spell "sneak" :)

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...