Friday, February 18, 2011

My Furry Friends-Part 5

Well, we now come to the end of my furry friends. Finally! This is it. No more furry friends at my house. I have reached my limit, because I don't want another mouth to feed, have to take to the doctor, let outside to go potty, or worry about getting them clean.

So, please little puppy, don't come to my house if you are homeless. You are so hard to resist, and I feel sorry for you.

Anyways, I am proud to introduce Tucker:


Tucker is afraid of cameras so this picture sent him into hysterics. That is why he won't look at the camera and is in the bathroom-he was trying to get away. We rarely take pictures of him, because we feel so bad. Are you surprised that he comes with his own mental problems as well? That is a requirement you know to be a part of this Nutcase clan.  

We got Tucker from someone who found him in our neighborhood. She knew I was a sucker I liked to help rescue dogs so she called me to see if I could keep him for a while as we searched for his family. Well, that was 1 1/2 years ago. You would think I would have learned my lesson by now, but I am a slow learner. Plus, it is just part of my genetic make-up. When I was growing up, I brought home so many homeless dogs that my dad told me if I wanted to bring something home that was homeless to please let it be a someone, as in a person, next time. He was tired of taking dogs to the pound when we couldn't find a home for them or keep them ourselves. Not to mention the fact that one of the dogs had the mange.

So anyways, we still have Tucker and consider him a part of the family now. We all fell in love with him so quickly, even the Other Nut. Tucker may look really mean (we think he has some chow chow in him), but he really is a very sweet dog. This is one reason why we kept him-we just didn't think he would get adopted, because of how mean he looks. We figured he would never survive at the pound so we thought, "Well, why not just keep him. What is one more really big, furry mouth to feed? I mean, we only have 2 cats, 2 other big dogs, 3 kids, and the 2 of us." Somehow, I think our logic broke down somewhere in there.

He is just as cuckoo as the other people animals that live here. Like I mentioned before, he is terribly afraid of the camera, or anything else you point at him. He goes bonkers and shakes. He is like the 2nd or 3rd child-he hardly has any pictures of himself. He can't complain though, because that's his own fault. He also is deathly afraid of thunderstorms or any weather change. We feel so bad for him so we have tried Benadryl to calm him down. It doesn't work so we might have to try something stronger, like whisky or brandy. Just kidding on that. The vet said she could give us something that will help calm his nerves for times like that. We are considering it. Good thing I am a nurse with all of these mental patients living here. Oh, wait! I'm one of them. 

Tucker also suffers from some obsessive-compulsive disorders; 2 to be exact. One is with balls. He would play ball all day if we let him. He looks all around the backyard for them (he has multiple), under the couch, or just about anywhere he thinks there might be one. He is actually quite good at playing ball though. This is another thing that pretty much saved his little doggy behind. The Other Nut was so fascinated with how good he was at playing fetch and catching the balls in midair, that he didn't want to give him away. He had always wanted a dog that could fetch, and the other 2 just aren't into that sort of thing. Addie has a little bit too much junk in the trunk to be a fetching dog, and Lexie just doesn't really understand the concept. She is too busy trying to herd things. Tucker, on the other hand, is a true pro. He even kind of tosses it back to you so you can throw it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, . . . . until you don't want to see another ball the rest of your life. 

The second thing he is obsessed with is Lexie's left ear. Not her tail, or her nose, or even her right ear, but her LEFT ear. He likes to lick it and chew on it, much to Lexie's disapproval. She snarls her lips and growls at him. We're waiting for the day that she snaps at him to stop him, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe secretly, she really likes it. It is the weirdest thing to see, because we can't figure it out at all. And remember, it is only the left ear. He has no desire to lick or chew the right ear. It's not like her ears look different or anything. Oh, and I can't forget to mention-he also came to us with heart worms. Lovely! He is now heart worm free as well.

I am so glad we kept him though. We love him. He is a funny and sweet dog to own. I would keep him all over again and let me show you why:




Because my son and him are best buds and play all the time. My sweet boy even made a valentine for Tucker:



This makes it all worth it. Actually, having all of our animals is worth all of the work. They bring something to our family that is priceless to us. We love animals here, and they truly are a part of the family. Remind me of that the next time I wake up to find dog throw up in the game room, cat throw up on some piece of fabric, and cat poop on a pillow courtesy of the little demon cat. Yes, I have had a few days like that. Just being real people. Now you know why I am always cleaning. Well, I used to always clean, but now I just sit around blogging.

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...