Thursday, March 10, 2011

Clean Out Your Car

Yesterday, I heard on the news that if you are going to a job interview, you should clean out your car. Apparently, while you are inside, the company sends out an employee to look through your windows into your car. If it is a mess, you are less likely to get the job, because they figure if your car is a mess then you might bring that same sloppiness into your job. I don't really know how they know which car is yours, but oh well. What I do know is this-I would never get a job. However, after I thought about this, I decided that these companies are going about this all wrong. What they perceive as sloppy and lazy is really quite resourceful.

You see, if I was stranded somewhere, I would survive. Little old Sally Sue with the really clean car wouldn't make it. She might get the job, but she couldn't survive the tough world if she was stranded somewhere. I, on the other hand, would be just fine. Between the half empty water bottles, old food stashed in various places courtesy of my 3 little nuts, napkins thrown everywhere, a few jackets here or there, 2 pairs of gloves, and an assortment of other things, I would be fine until help arrived. I would probably even gain a few pounds!

So, Mr. "I only hire people with clean cars"-you might want to reconsider your way of thinking and go with the resourceful (not sloppy) person. In this economy, resourceful is a great asset. Clean (AKA throws everything away too quickly) just might end up being a liability.

Thoughts from a self-professed owner of a "resourceful" car,

Ima Nutcase

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...