Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Good

Don't let that face fool you. :)
Tuesday morning started off good thanks to my son. He is so funny and really makes us laugh. He can be quite a ham sometimes and is 150% ALL BOY. I will say though that there are times I have to remind myself that he really did come from my uterus. His absolute love of early mornings and not wanting to be late at all make me look down at my saggy belly and stretch marks for the proof of yes, in fact, he did come from me. If you read this post, you already know that I am not a morning person at all. Somehow though, my son got the very early riser gene. Tuesday morning, he woke up at 4:00 AM. Yes, you read that right. It is not a typo. 4:00 AM! The thing is, the Other Nut and I had no idea. We were too busy sleeping. He got up, got himself ready for school and ate breakfast. He eventually went back to sleep on the couch for a little while. When the Other Nut woke up, the noise woke my son back up. He then proceeded to get his back pack completely ready and make his own lunch. Now this scared me a bit when the Other Nut informed me of this when I finally woke up. You see, my son LOVES sugar so I imagined a lunch full of candy. You can read this post to learn a little more about his love of sugar. I have to say though, he surprised me. He made a ham and cheese sandwich, put in some blueberries, an orange, one small chocolate cookie, and a small bag of chips. He also filled up his water bottle. By 6:30, he was completely ready.

Who is this kid? 

Oh yeah, he's mine. Anyways, he began to beg the Other Nut to take him to school on his way to work. This would have put him at school around 7:10 AM. They don't let the kids in until 7:30. He was OK with that though, because he said then he can read. The Other Nut explained to him that, no, he can't go to school that early. It wasn't safe. My son wasn't too thrilled with this information and proceeded to tell his daddy that "he didn't want to have to go to school with all the lazy people (AKA mommy and my two sisters)". I guess getting up at 7:00 AM, getting 3 lunches made, 3 kids fed, out the door, and to school by 8:00 AM is lazy. I have never really looked at it like that, but OK. Now, I know I take them to school looking like death warmed over every time, but at least they get there. The other reason my son gave was that "he hates to be late." Can I just say that he hasn't been late all year. He gets there at 8:00 and school doesn't start until 8:10, but somehow he still sees that as late. He doesn't like to get to school with "all the lazy people." As far as this Nutcase goes, if you want me there at 5:00, you need to tell at least 4:45, maybe even 4:30. I tend to not be what we would call early. I know that just shows a complete lack of respect and discipline on my part, blah, blah, blah; but, it's a work in progress. I will get there eventually. I just might be late. As my family and friends say, "She'll be late for her funeral."

So basically, thanks to my son, I started Tuesday morning off with a good laugh, and I love laughing. After Jesus and Diet Coke, it's the next best drug.

Check back later to find out when my high wore off. Let's just say that my good quickly went to bad which quickly went to ugly.

1 comment:

pinkcombatboots said...

Aww...maybe he just wanted to ride with his Daddy :) I know, growing up, that would have been a treat, and I would have thought up whatever excuses I could... :)

(Sorry things got worse that day...)

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...