Sunday, March 27, 2011

Much Ado About Nothing

Yesterday, my oldest daughter went to play with a new friend she met in middle school. She had a lot of fun, and I am excited she met a new friend. I got to visit with my parent's for a short while while she was playing with her friend which was nice. And I drank a Diet Coke which is also nice-and tasty too.

On Friday, I felt like I finally was making progress on my filthy house-and then the weekend came. 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Right now it currently smells like a greasy truck stop thanks to my oldest daughter's science fair project. It has something to do with saturated and unsaturated fats so she cooked a whole bunch of sausage at different temperatures. Needless to say, we will probably all smell like burnt sausage for a while.

I leave for my church's women's retreat soon at Camp Tejas in Giddings, Texas. I am excited about going, but not so much about the packing. Once we get there, it is a working weekend for me and the rest of the team, but it is worth it. We have a lot of fun, and I love to drive the golf cart. This year, we are discussing personalities and how each personality can be used to serve God. We will also see how knowing and understanding personalities can help us in our relationships with others.

Speaking of personalities, I found out that I am called a Popular Sanguine/Powerful Choleric. That is my main mixture. It has been fun learning about these 2 personalities, especially the weaknesses involved. It has just brought them more to my attention so that hopefully I will be more willing to allow God to work on them. I have been laughing so hard as I have been reading "Personality Plus" by Florence Littauer, because I see myself so much in these personalities. When I talk way too much, because "short story" is not part of my vocabulary, that is the sanguine in me. When I get easily annoyed, impatient, and seem intolerant, that tends to be the choleric in me, not to mention the sin in my wicked heart. 

The Other Nut is a Perfect Melancholy/Powerful Choleric. What about you? Do you know your personality type?

On this postI mentioned that the Pioneer Woman has helped me gain a slight love of cooking which I tease has helped lead to my 10 pound weight gain. I am sad to admit that the love is gone. Oh, not of the Pioneer Woman and her blog; those I still respect and greatly enjoy. I just have once again decided that I don't enjoy cooking. I find it quite a bore and wish I could just take a pill everyday to get my vitamins. I am equally sad to admit that while my love of cooking is gone, my 10 pounds aren't. Those are hanging around like super glue. Not that I am working very hard at making them go away, but I was kind of hoping they would naturally leave with my love of cooking. Now, with all that said, I will be posting 2 recipes soon that my whole family loves. They are kind of part of our staple diet. I can't promise really great pictures though-or even pictures at all.

I thought I would give an update since I wrote this post. Well, we found a wonder financial guy by the name of Mark Pickle (yes that really is his last name). He has helped us so much. Now, we seem to communicate better in regards to money and no longer have little (or big) arguments over money. Plus, he gets to be the bad guy which is nice. He helped decide the budget and how much we can spend on "toys" we may want to buy so that has reduced some stress. Now instead of blaming each other, we can blame Mr. Pickle-just kidding! It really has been nice though having a better organized plan. Mr. Pickle, or The Pickle as we like to call him, also looks at each of your strengths and helps decide where you would be good in helping with the budget. Before, I figured I didn't have any strengths in this area, so the Other Nut did everything. This of course was pretty stressful for him. Now, I have responsibilities and feel like I can contribute and have some strengths. It is amazing what happens when you finally admit you both don't have an answer.

I just remembered that I need to order vacuum bags, because my vacuum cleaner is sitting in the middle of my living room. I don't really know why, but it is. I so wish I could just go to the store to buy them instead of have to order them online.

The Other Nut mowed yesterday, and it looks so much better. I'm sure the neighbors are greatly appreciative. My son helped him and kind of learned a little bit about mowing. I bet the Other Nut is counting down the days until one of the kids can mow.

I keep forgetting to go get my thyroid medicine so in about another day, I will be really tired. Why do I forget these things?

I am working on a "Music Monday" so I will actually have one on Monday-novel concept, I know.

Well, since I typically "talk" way too much, I guess I will stop now.

From the Sanguine who talks/types too much,

Ima

p.s. Don't let the posting time fool you. I wrote it late last night and scheduled it. I don't think I could think enough to post at 6:30 AM.

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...