Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Problem With Prom

The way prom dresses should look.
I know I should be in bed asleep, but I checked the news one last time and came across this slideshow that pricked my interest. I decided to look at it and have already decided that my kids won't go to prom. Well, OK, I don't totally know that, but this type of information doesn't help. I went to prom, but that was before I knew how stupid it was, grew up, and had 3 kids myself. Mom, did you really like me going to prom? I bet you worried the whole time I was there.

Anyways, read this and tell me what you think. Prom or no prom? Crazy, expensive things or nice, but reasonably priced things?

Me? I'm hoping Jesus comes back before my oldest gets near prom age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO I didn't like Prom then and I don't like Prom now!! My how Proms have changed...we had a Senior Prom only (if your boyfriend or girlfriend was not a Senior at school, they couldn't go). It was in the school cafeteria, decorated with crepe streamers, and the food was a chicken dish made by the school cafeteria staff.
Now Proms cost hundreds of dollars and you only go there to get your picture made. I really prefer none of my grandchildren go!!!

"Ima" said...

I'm sorry mom for all the gray hair I gave you and dad. If it helps any, my proms were pretty tame. Plus, I didn't really like them anyway. Although, I know I caused you enough gray hair in other situations. Don't worry though-I have one really similar to me.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...