Saturday, April 9, 2011

Because He Deserves It

photo source
I lie on my bedroom floor, fetal position. Chris Tomlin is playing in the background on my ipod. The sound of the music is being drowned out by my uncontrollable sobs.


The pressure from the weight of guilt is growing. The battle between truths and lies rages in my head. It feels like the lies are winning. The reality of betrayal is staring me in the face, sucking the air out of the room. I can't breathe.

"Please Lord. Make the pain go away. I can't do this anymore."

"Get up."

"No Lord. I can't. I don't want to."

"Stand up and praise Me."

"Why Lord?"

"Because I deserve it."



"I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies." Psalm 18:3 (NASB)

"From the rising of the sun to its setting The name of the LORD is to be praised." Psalm 113:3 (NASB)

"Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised, And His greatness is unsearchable." Psalm 145:3 (NASB)

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...