Thursday, April 7, 2011

Faith versus Fear

photo source
I noticed it today. Before, it had gone unnoticed, quietly making itself at home in my heart. I feel I'm too late-it's set up shop, not wanting to budge.


Fear. Some may call it a feeling or emotion. I call it a living, breathing thing that is ruthless, uncaring, and feeds off of the souls of people. 


Something happens that feeds the fear. Something is said, and the fear grows.


I feel like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff looking down into a deep gorge, so deep I can't see the bottom. I'm standing on the edge of the unknown, and I'm scared.


A part of my life I have known for 5 years is soon to change. Change is scary for it brings the unknown.


I feel naked, afraid that I will be stripped of even my most deepest passion; a passion so great, it leaves me longing to do it more.


I'm on the edge of the cliff, and the only thing that can securely catch me is faith-faith in the One that brought me to this cliff.


I'm on the edge of the cliff, and the only thing that is holding me back is fear-fear that the very One that can catch me, won't.


 "What if I'm wrong, Lord?"


Faith versus fear-the battle rages.


So many thoughts swirl in my head as I'm still processing the realization of this fear, as I navigate this change so full of unknowns. I surely don't have it figured out yet.


But Jesus does!



'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (NASB)

FAITH is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see-author unknown

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...