Monday, April 11, 2011

Music Monday

"Music Monday"
I love listening to Kari Jobe. She writes and sings beautifully, and I love watching her worship. You can tell that she truly has a passion for leading people into the presence of the Lord. I found her music about 2 1/2 years ago and have listened to her CD ever since. One of my favorite songs is You Are For Me. Over the years, I have found comfort in these lyrics as I have listened to them-many times over and over. I love that this song tells about God's unchanging character, and that He is for me. In the middle of the night when I would be battling anxiety, I would cling to the reality that He did see me, and that He would fill me with His presence, replacing the anxiety. There were many hard nights, but this song always brought me comfort.

Now, I find myself struggling again. I am facing some unknowns, and I can feel the anxiety in my body again. I think my middle child has an infection, and right now I'm just scared. Medical issues are a trigger for my anxiety. Today in particular, the anxiety has been stronger than it has been in a while-and so I listen once again to this song. It is a reminder that He is for me. It is a reminder that He knows me and sees me. It is a reminder that even when I feel anxious, or that the world is against me, He is not; even when I am faced with the unknown, He knows.

I am reminded that He will not forsake me in my weaknesses, and they have been very much before me lately. I can have hope in the midst of fighting my weaknesses. God, in His endless pursuit of His children, will not forsake me. He will provide me with His strength in the middle of my weaknesses. God has not taken away every weakness that I struggle with, but He has pursued me to work these weaknesses out. He continues to work on cracking me open.

And in this cracking process, this endless pursuit, He writes upon my heart stories of His faithfulness. And these stories are there to remind me of who He is.

Thank you, Lord for being for me. 

 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? Romans 8:31 (NASB)



You Are For Me    
kari jobe


So faithful. So constant.
So loving and so true.
So powerful in all You do.
You fill me. You see me.
You know my every move
and You love for me to sing to You.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses
I know that You have come now,
even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me who You are.
So patient, So gracious,
So merciful and true…
So wonderful in all You do.
You know me. You see me.
You know my every move.
You love for me to sing to You
Lord, I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses.
I know that You have come now,
even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me who You are.

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...