Monday, April 25, 2011

Music Monday

Music Monday
So once again, I'm barely getting in my Music Monday. I might have to change the name to "Music Monday, but on Tuesday". Of course, then I probably wouldn't get it done until Wednesday-so then I would have to change the name again. I could keep going, but I won't. You can thank me later. 

I love Chris Tomlin's songs, because they are so grounded in scripture. And being that we just celebrated the Resurrection of our Savior, I thought this song was fitting for today-Jesus Messiah by Chris Tomlin. I never tire of hearing this song. It is such a great reminder of what Jesus did for me. The chorus alone is so powerful for His name alone is power. Jesus is the Messiah-the anointed One, the great High Priest, the Son of God, the Christ. He was Emmanuel, God with us; for the Most Holy God dwelt among mankind. He is my Redeemer, my Rescuer, and He paid my ransom as I sat in bondage to sin. I was held captive, unable to pay; but He could, and so He did. The Perfect Lamb, pure, spotless, free from sin became sin for me. I love the words "the whole earth trembled and the veil was torn." What Jesus did on that cross was literally earth shattering. It was undeniable. And because of Jesus, the veil was torn in half. I can now enter into the Holy of Holies, the presence of the Almighty God. The final, perfect High Priest, the perfect Lamb has taken down the barrier between a sinner like myself and the Most Holy God. Love so amazing! 

He became sin
Who knew no sin
That we might become His Righteousness
He humbled himself and carried the cross
Love so amazing
Love so amazing
Chorus
Jesus Messiah
Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer
Emmanuel
The rescue for sinners
The ransom from Heaven
Jesus Messiah
Lord of all
His body the bread
His blood the wine
Broken and poured out all for love
The whole earth trembled
And the veil was torn
All I hope is in You
All I hope is in You
All the glory to You, God
The light of the world


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have in fact listened to this song a couple of times today. Love Chris Tomlin and yes, I absolutely love this song. Great choice!

"Ima" said...

Me too! I love his music-never tire of it. Beautiful words.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...