Thursday, April 28, 2011

Simple Pleasure Link Up

As a SAHM, ironically I feel like I am never home. So today, being at home with nowhere to go-I consider that a simple pleasure. It helps me slow down, unwind, and refresh my soul. I turn on worship music, light the candles and usually clean and organize. Now, I know that may not sound fun and refreshing, but I love it. Sad, I know, but I feel like I don't get to do it enough. And when I feel like my house is a mess, my mind feels like a mess too. So today, I slowed down and enjoyed the simple pleasure of being home.

First, I went on a bike ride-the weather here is beautiful today. Then, I put on one of my many aprons and the cleaning began.







I still have a long to go before I can say I have caught up on my cleaning, but I'm further than I was yesterday so I'll just focus on that.  :) If I don't, my "simple pleasure" will be ruined with fret.


Project Simple Pleasures2





8 comments:

Susan Evans said...

I love your pictures! I also love to stay home with my kids. It's less rushed than the days we go out.

Dayle said...

Oh girl ... I totally get it. I'm a true homebody and find it a pleasure to be able to piddle here and there and clean as the spirit moves me. :)

Loved this!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

Oh so agree...a simple pleasure of being at home and everything in its place...out of the car is just great.
Enjoy your time slowing down.

"Ima" said...

Thanks ladies for the sweet comments. Nothing beats a day at home cleaning as far as I'm concerned. It's me and the music-that is it. So peaceful and relaxing. Today was a great day. Rain was the only thing that would have made it better-now that is cozy day-rain and at home cleaning.

Trish @ Lily-Rose Cottage said...

Home is just the best place to be :-)
Yours is a very pretty one indeed!
bless you..Trish

"Ima" said...

Thanks Trish. I do love to be home in the quiet of my thoughts. I don't get to very often, but relish the times I do. I love to decorate and make it homey and pretty.
I checked out your blog. It's great. And I saw you are in Australia. How is everyone since all of the flooding?

T's Daily Treasures said...

I've been in pajamas all day cleaning and crocheting. I love nothing more than being home. I don't always get peace and quiet, but I do love knowing I don't have to rush off someplace. We do enough of that during the week. Love the open shelves in your kitchen and those deep aqua cabinets. Gorgeous! I wish I was that organized. Hope you have a great weekend. Tammy

"Ima" said...

Hi Tammy. Aren't days in your pajamas great?! Sometimes I think I could be a hermit.

Thanks for you sweet comments on my kitchen. It was fun designing it. And I'm glad you like my color. The painter and my husband thought I was nuts until they saw it. The same with the open shelves-it sure does make putting dishes away easy. But I must say that it rarely looks that clean and organized. I had worked really hard that day on cleaning. Maybe one day I'll take a picture of what it looks like most of the time-if I'm brave enough :)

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...