Monday, May 9, 2011

Much Ado About Nothing

Well, here I sit Monday night, and I haven't done a Music Monday in a while. But I'm tired. This is the first time all day I have sat down, and I don't want to focus that much. At least I don't think I do-maybe I will get my second wind and whip out a Music Monday in no time flat. Maybe. But let's be real-it probably won't happen.

Besides, now I have to get up. The Other Nut just got home from the grocery story so I need to help him put away the groceries. And yes, I am a SAHM, but he does the grocery shopping. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but not enough to do the shopping. I don't really like grocery shopping, and the Other Nut actually doesn't mind it. He says that it is one way he likes to show me love. I know-he's awesome.

I have realized that I don't really like the month of May. I don't mean to hate on May. It's just that this month is really busy-every year. The kids have last minute field trips, performances, class parties and tests, and my ladies' Bible study is winding down. Oh, and there is always the decision on what to get the teachers. My oldest daughter has like 7 teachers. I'll need to get a job just to get them something. Bottom line, I don't like the month of May.

I need to lose about 7 pounds right now. I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but my clothes aren't really fitting right. My shirts are all too tight around my arms, and some of my pants just don't look right anymore. I'm afraid if I bend over, the button might pop off causing somebody some harm. Here's the thing though-I'm just not really that motivated says the girl that is currently eating chocolate ice cream. I spent so much of my life worrying about my weight and what I looked like, it has been nice to kind of breathe a little bit and relax-unless of course I try to put on some of my pants-then I can't breathe at all.

I cleaned out my closet today and got rid of some above mentioned clothes. Hey, does that mean I don't need to worry about losing the 7 pounds? I mean if I don't have the clothes in my closet anymore maybe I won't realize I am 7 pounds heavier. Or not.

My collection of items that I have washed in the washing machine is growing. Tonight I found a rock and a comb. These were added to my pile of an Awana pin, a utility knife, a styrofoam cup (I threw this away though), and the many different coins. And yes, these are all things from my kids' laundry. You would think I would remember to clean out their pockets. Instead, I have chosen to be surprised by the little treasures I find when I empty the washing machine into the dryer.

My son is being baptized on May 15th. I am so excited about this for various reasons. One is that I am reminded of a God that loves to redeem things. I consider this to be just one of His many gifts to me. You can read here and here to find out why.

And now it is official. I won't be "whipping" out a Music Monday, at least not tonight. Maybe I will do a "Music Monday, but on Tuesday" post.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I totally loved this post with its stream of thoughts. I kept grinning and giggling, especially at the collection in the washer. That's too familiar...

I agree about the month of May. It isn't so bad since my girls graduated from high school, but it does present a whirling dervish of a month.

*AND my husband will grocery shop if need be, too. I find grocery shopping to be annoying.

Debbie said...

I'm following this blog, too. Nutcases are my favorite kind of people.

"Ima" said...

Debbie-sorry it is taking me a while to respond, but I wanted to say thanks. I am glad I made you laugh when you read this. Since I wrote this, I have collected a rock, a paper nametag, and about 0.50 in coins. I could become rich just doing laundry. Amen with grocery shopping being annoying. I find it a bore.

And I am honored that you are journeying with me and that you like nutcases, because I am a nutcase:) Thank you for making me smile when I read your blog-you are so funny and encouraging.

p.s. Did you get your camera? :)

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...