Thursday, May 5, 2011

Simple Pleasure Link Up

I'm pooped. Exhausted. Tired. As in, I don't really want to do much today. I taught yesterday at my ladies' Bible Study, and the topic was a difficult, debated topic in the realm of spiritual gifts which naturally lead to many hours of study. I wrestled and wrestled with this topic and different parts of scripture and when this happens, I can literally physically feel it. So today, I'm pooped.

I will slow down, take it easy today. I'm not going to fret if I don't get my to-do list finished. In fact, I just might do away with it all together. I think I might even walk a little slower today than normal. Why not? Who says I have to walk at a certain pace? Maybe I will even take a nap.

One thing I do know I will do-walk outside numerous times just to enjoy this:



I am so excited that it is blooming well this year. I don't really have a "green" thumb when it comes to gardening, but I do truly enjoy flowers. I see them as one of God's wonderful gifts to us. I even love what many classify as weeds. Isn't God good, that He would even adorn the so-called weeds with flowers? Have you seen how pretty the flowers are that grow on clover? The same clover that many spend relentless hours trying to kill so it doesn't take over our yards?

So today, I will slow down and enjoy the simple pleasure of my pink hydrangea. Even if that is all I do today, that sounds like a pretty good day. And with that, I think I might go take another look.





Project Simple Pleasures2

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Lovely Hydrangea. I would wander outside a time or ten to take a look at it too. :) Like you today I am throwing caution the wind and letting the "to do" list just lie where it is.

Enjoy your day!

"Ima" said...

Thanks Cindy. Hope you enjoy your day-I saw that you were enjoying just a normal nice day at home. Isn't that always so refreshing? Especially when we don't feel like we have to follow a list.

Dayle said...

Your hyndrangea is beautiful. It reminds me of my grandmother. She always had such pretty ones. I've never attempted to grow them. Maybe one day.

"Ima" said...

Thank you Dayle. Hopefully this will encourage you-if I can grow one, anyone can grow one:) I don't do anything to it. I even forgot to cover it a lot during the really cold nights. Funny thing-this is the best it has ever bloomed.

Trish @ Lily-Rose Cottage said...

Sounds like a great plan lol!
I love hydrangeas..in any colour.
We are waiting to see what colour some cuttings, that were given to us, will be when they bloom.
Your delicate pink one is very lovely.
blessings..Trish

"Ima" said...

Trish-thanks for stopping by to see my pink hydrangea. It isn't too often that it blooms so well. And by well, I mean about 4 flowers on my plant. Like I said, I don't have a very green thumb. I bet that is exciting waiting to see what color it will be-I know we were excited when we planted ours. We weren't quite sure of the color.

Debbie said...

I don't have a single hydrangea at my house. I love them so if I had one, I would want to just sit and enjoy it.

Of course, I also enjoy that digging deeply in the Word, although you are right in that sometimes you can come away plum tuckered out.

Two more great simple pleasures.
(I already saw the washing machine one.) Your cup runneth over this week.

Just like the washing machine. Grin.

"Ima" said...

Thanks Debbie for the encouragement-and the smile when you said "your cup runneth over-just like your washing machine"-that made me giggle. I'll be spending some more time at your blog reading through.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...