Thursday, May 12, 2011

Simple Pleasure Link Up

Mother's Day-a redeeming day this year. Relaxing. Loving. Special. Simple-exactly what I needed.

The kids made me breakfast in bed both Saturday and Sunday morning. I would post a picture, but I didn't take any of me eating. Trust me-I had just woken up. You wouldn't want to see that. Anyways, the meals were wonderful with A LOT of food. It was really sweet-my kids really enjoy making me breakfast in bed.

Sunday afternoon brought a performance of a play written by my oldest daughter. Aside from the fighting that went on throughout the rehearsals all. weekend. long, it was very entertaining and priceless.

Sunday morning during breakfast was extra special, because I got to share part of my breakfast with another "mother" in our house. The kids even gave her some sausage and bacon to honor her as well. I decided to share my yogurt with her-she really likes yogurt. She is really special in this here Nutcase house. She doesn't have her babies anymore, and I think she misses them. I have a feeling she was a great mommy. You can read more about her here and here. 


My simple pleasure-a wonderful Mother's Day and sharing a meal with one of my best friends, Addie.



Project Simple Pleasures2


 

7 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

What a fun Mother's day you have had! Breakfast in bed two days in a row and a creative play by your family...what could be better? Love your Simple Pleasure.



~Jean

"Ima" said...

I know-you can't beat breakfast in bed. And it tasted so yummy too. Eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, and yogurt on day one. Then pancakes, sausage, and yogurt on day two. YUM!

It's Just Dottie said...

Sounds like you had the best of day.

Linda Makiej said...

Lovely photos here!! really nice 'simple pleasure'!
glad to be following you now...

Dayle said...

The best kind of day to savor.

Lisa Maria said...

So glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day. My kids would love to have an Addie. We have currently 5 dogs and they're not house dogs. The female gave birth last December and two of her pups remained. My hubby (who is not a dog lover) has issued an ultimatum.. two dogs have to go. How do you decide that? They love the pups, one male is pretty old and not eating well anymore but... ooh hard decisions... made harder by reading about your precious Addie! Oh well.. I keep putting it off.. prayers needed, thank you!

Love & Blessings!

"Ima" said...

Hey Lisa. Sorry for the delay. I have been so busy this month. I need to catch up on everything! I have been reading your posts, but quickly and then running. Time to stop, read, and process:)

I will be praying. Oh my gosh! This would be so hard for me. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I absolutely love animals too. That would be a hard decision. So what type of dogs do you have? Do you have any pictures of them on your blog?

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...