Thursday, May 19, 2011

Simple Pleasure Link Up

I wasn't sure if I was going to get around to linking up with Simple Pleasures today-I have been so busy lately and feel like I have been M.I.A., but then something so sweet happened tonight so I couldn't resist.

Siblings fight sometimes-at least mine do. I figured it is to be expected, but I still try to train them to at least fight fair and without using mean, hurtful words. Often times, I find myself wondering if they ever hear me. And then, I see it. A moment happens between these children of mine, and I know-they are listening and learning. When I catch these moments, this mamma's heart is filled with joy, and I consider it a simple pleasure to capture and tuck away in my memory.

Tonight, my younger daughter had a hand chimes performance. After it was over, she went to sit down while the next group performed. During the changing of performers, my oldest went over ON HER OWN and gave her little sister a kiss on the head and told her she did a good job. Now I can't say that my younger daughter was totally receptive to the kiss on the head-she kind of waved her arms a little in a "OK, OK that's enough" motion. But, hey, I gotta look at the positive side right? The Other Nut got it all on tape, captured forever. What a sweet simple pleasure that made for a great ending of my day.

My younger daughter is the one with her hands on her knees right when the video starts. You will see my oldest daughter come into view soon. OK, so I am a little technically challenged. I can't figure out how to insert the video. I tried the full length, I tried cutting/slicing the video to the "kiss the head" part-nothing worked. All I got was a little dinging sound with "I'm sorry, but there was an error in processing your video. Trying the same thing 10 times isn't going to make it work any better. Please stop before you break your laptop." Well, it didn't actually say all those things, but you get the point-I couldn't figure it out. So, a snapshot of the actual frame will have to do. Not really sure how I figured that out either, but I did.



My simple pleasure to end my day!

Project Simple Pleasures2


5 comments:

Debbie said...

I am so tech challenged that I wouldn't have even been able to do the snap shot so you're way ahead of me.

I'm glad you caught that moment. It's so sweet, and I heartily agree that it would be a simple pleasure.

I think I'm STILL having trouble with blogger because posts aren't coming up on my home page. I only saw this one because the one above it came up. Odd, huh?

I don't know how I'm going to catch up.

Lisa Maria said...

Great to have you back! Hope your busyness is also filled with happiness :) Wish we could have seen the video (don't worry I'm even MORE techno-challenged than you are)but thanks for sharing that beautiful moment with us.

Just realised you put my button up.. thank you! I feel so honoured!

Have a great weekend and God bless you and all the 'nuts' ;-)

"Ima" said...

Debbie-thanks. You make me smile. I don't totally even know how I did the snap shot of the video. Probably won't even be able to do it again:) And hopefully all the blogger kinks will be out soon. If things don't go smoothly, I usually can't figure things out too well. I can't even figure out my cell phone.

Lisa Maria-Glad to be back. Yes, the busyness was filled with happiness-just also tiredness:) One day I might try the video thing again-or actually ask the Other Nut.

Your welcome in regards to your button. I love blogging buttons (I find them so cute) and I love your blog so it was a win/win. Have a great weekend as well.

Dayle said...

I'm so sorry for being so late getting around. It's been a mad few weeks around here. This post warmed my heart. Thanks for linking up, even if the video didn't make it. :)

Heart n Soul said...

that is definitely a pleasure to see your kids dolling out sibling affection :)

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...