Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Simple Pleasure Link Up

Lola Irene Rhodes-my Granny, and one of the most amazing women I have ever met. It was an honor having her as my Granny. My mom would agree. She died when I had just turned 19, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her (I am now 36).

After my grandfather died, her husband (who was equally amazing), I got to go to their lakehouse in East Texas and get what I wanted to keep. I am so thankful for that. I have little memories around my house now that remind me daily of her.

One such special thing are her rocks. Well, they are really colored glass, but I always called them rocks. Every time they would go on vacation, she would buy a new one. The minute I showed up at the lake house, I would immediately go to her rock collection, which was quite large, and see if I could pick out the new one. I so treasured this little game so naturally, I wanted to keep some of the rocks. I was always so amazed by the colors of the glass. They now sit on a shelf on my front porch where I can see them when I sit on my couch inside.

It's a view full of memories, and my simple pleasure!


Project Simple Pleasures2


5 comments:

Debbie said...

Those are simple TREASURES as well as simple pleasures. You must be able to see her face and hear her voice every time you see them.

Kay K said...

I agree with Debbie they are treasures !!!

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

What a wonderful simple pleasure...and since I had a East Texas grandmother I know she was also a treasure.

Dayle said...

Oh, how special. I agree with Debbie. These aren't just pleasures, but treasures. So glad you joined me for simple pleasures.

Barb said...

I like the way you've displayed your grandmother's rocks. What lovely memories!
God Bless
Barb from Australia

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...