Monday, June 6, 2011

Much Ado About Nothing

Google image
Well, I've been a little quiet in blogland lately. There is much to do around here. This weekend, my friend and I taught a teacher training course at our church so I have been busy with that. And like this blogger, I think I have a little writer's blah too. I don't want to think too much.
Not to mention the stressful, tiring week I had with the little nuts. I am happy to announce though that things are better-no mean letters to the babysitters from the Walnut lately. And this momma hasn't slapped anyone's eyeballs out of their head which I'm pretty sure wouldn't be a very nice thing to do. So I guess you can say that we're making it over here at the Nutcase house.
And considering that my recent posts have pretty much been killjoys, I thought a mindless, random post was in order. So get ready to be enthralled by mindless blabbing.

We started swim lessons today. All 3 nuts know how to swim-I just put them to help improve their strokes and strength of swimming. Oh, who I am kidding? I really just put them in to give them something to do over the summer so they don't always bug me about "what are we doing today." Plus, I get to sit with my BFF and talk for 2 1/2 hours. It is a total win/win situation. Maybe I'll even get slightly bronzed instead of my usual lily white self. Of course, that would mean that I would need to sit in the sun, and I'm so not a sun goddess. I gave that up when I got some sense in me.

The Other Nut and I just made reservations at our favorite hotel in San Antonio. We get to go WITHOUT THE LITTLE NUTS! This is absolutely my favorite vacation to go on. We stay on the River Walk, sleep late, watch cooking shows together (we don't have TV at home), stroll along the River Walk, and eat at some of our favorite restaurants. I probably come home 3 pounds heavier, but oh well. It is really a relaxing time for us when we do this. I have actually done this 2 times by myself, and I love that too. I could go here every year and never tire of it.

And I get to go get some new clothes! Well, not totally new-I try to do a lot of shopping at resale shops-but new to me. I'm a little fluffier than I used to be so my clothes are a little tighter. And if I'm going to San Antonio to gain 3 more pounds, I'm gonna need some wiggle room!

I'm starting school in September! I'm really excited to be starting this. I am going to be taking Bible Study Methods. My passion is teaching/speaking to women so this is something I have been wanting to do for a while to improve my teaching. I will probably blog more about this sometime in the near future. I'm a little nervous, because it's been 12 years since I've been in school. When I got my nursing degree, I said I would never go back to school and look what I'm doing. I should have never said that!

I still need to blog about May 15th of this year, and how God makes all things new. I would do it now, but that would require too much thinking. So I won't. I'll do it later, but I better do it soon, because it is now June.

Well, I guess I've blabbed long enough about nothing. You see, there is a smell in my house, and I can't figure out from where it comes. Has that ever happened to you? The smell that you can't find? So, yeah, I guess I better stop blogging and start cleaning so I can find the source of the smell. I can't stand stinky smells-I have a really good sniffer.

p.s. I just heard thunder. I so hope it rains, because here we are in a drought. I sure hope it isn't teasing us like it did yesterday.

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...