Sunday, July 31, 2011

Update

Room 717 is growing on us. I am so thankful for such a nice hospital as so many families have to be here for extended periods of time.

We are still here and will be here for at least another night. I thought the tests were over and the fast could stop, but I was wrong. They want her blood sugar to drop to 45-last time they checked, it was around 81. This could possibly take up to 3 days. Not the news I wanted to hear. I thought about busting out of this joint. But then I decided not to.

The little Hazelnut is a bit upset, because she just wants to eat, but she can't. She is going on 24 hours now. Below I have some specific prayer requests that I would be so thankful if you were to pray for her. Thank you for already praying for us-I can tell that you are praying.

First, a praise-whatever she has is a mild case. While it is a mystery to the doctors, it is a mild case and for that I am thankful. I'm thankful for medical care that we have and a great hospital.

Prayers-
-She is currently in ketosis right now. Please pray for her little body to be spared from the normal side effects of this-the ketones usually make her pretty sick and lethargic.
-They are trying to get her to go hypoglycemic so that means even a longer fast. She is very hungry right now and just blah. Please pray that her blood sugar would dip low enough to draw some more labs while also protecting her body from harm. Once that happens, they can immediately draw the labs and start bringing her sugar up. They want her sugar to get to 45 depending on her symptoms. Pray they can get what they need with minimal effects to her body and that we will notice any symptoms that might come up.  
-Pray for wisdom for the doctors to find the issue to better treat her.
-When her sugar drops, I am expecting her ketones to rise. Please pray against this, but with them still being able to get the labs they need.
-Please pray for my anxiety that I will hand it over to God and have His peace.
-Since I have been writing this email, we have had some tense moments over whether or not to continue this test. Please pray for wisdom on this.
-Pray that we will be a good witness for Jesus, that we will be gracious even in these tense situations.

Sorry for the long list, but we need them now. Thank you to everyone who is praying. I am humbled that you would pray for my sweet daughter.

Leaving you with a picture that shows that she is ready to get out of here and eat!



8 comments:

My daily walk in His grace! said...

Hi Tami - Will continue to pray for you and your daughter. Praying for good report.
God bless
Tracy

My daily walk in His grace! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Maria said...

Oh.. poor little sweetheart.. and poor Mommy! My husband and I are praying Tami..may God's grace be with you.

Sending you a big hug!

Cheryl said...

Praying for her and for you!

Christy said...

Still praying for you guys. Despite what she's going through, that is such a cute picture of her. Wish there was something I could do to help you. I sure hope that hospital has Diet Coke!

Kara said...

Praying for you friend...heart aching for you...praying His strong hands to hold you close. That you'll sense it...His love and strength and closeness.

Sarah said...

Praying for you and all of your prayer requests and that God might show you how he is at work even in the mess. I thought that he wasn't using me when my daughter was in the hospital and he showed me that he was.... everyone you come into contact with (nurses, doc's and others) asking about how you "do it" and I had people that just through my honesty on her caringbridge and such they were asking my other friend questions.

"Ima" said...

Sarah-thank you for your encouragement. I was able to see God working through the mess of the weekend, thanks to so many prayers. I saw God answer some very specific ones.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...