Thursday, February 2, 2012

So It's Been A While

So it's been a while-almost 6 months in fact. I actually wondered if I forgot how to post something. I will probably start blogging again, although not sure how frequently as many changes are happening in my life. I want to start blogging again as I think I need it, especially right now. I do miss the blogging friends I had made while I was blogging regularly. I will eventually write about why I stepped back from blogging, but for now I would greatly appreciate your prayers

because in 6 days we are moving.

I am moving from a city I have known for 37 years where all of my family and dearest of friends are to a city where I know not a soul. I feel all sorts of emotions, but some of them I haven't let myself feel fully. I'm afraid I won't be able to breathe. It all seems so surreal, and as the days count down, the weight is heavy. There are so many unknowns, and at times, I feel like a stranger in my own skin.

The Other Nut has already been living there for 3 months. He has been coming home on the weekends which is nice, but it's getting old. It isn't the best marriage builder in the world that's for sure. I don't want to give the wrong impression with that statement-we are doing fine and looking forward to being a family again. It's just that recently I have realized that we aren't as connected. I kind of feel like I don't know him as well right now which I think is normal because of the distance. He's doing his thing up there during the week, while I'm trying to do mine here. We haven't had any dates for a while and talking on the phone just isn't the same. Plus, I think we both feel so disjointed, like we are living a dream that we are just treading water right now. This process of moving has been so busy with many ups and downs that I think we are just so ready for it to be over. And yet, at the same time, we don't want it to end, because that means separation from so many people that we love so dearly. It's a strange place to be. There will be more blogging about this process, this total change in our lives, as I have so many feelings and thoughts about this journey.

But for now, I ask for prayers. Our roots run deep here.

Many blessings,

Ima

4 comments:

path of treasure said...

You know what, it isn't coincidence...this is amazing-- I just "happened" to click your blog tonight knowing your link hasn't worked for months-and all of a sudden, it worked. I was not expecting it! Welcome back, Ima. Praying for you as you transition to a new place.

Lisa Maria said...

Ima!!! What a joy it is to see you here! I've been thinking about you and praying you were alright. Obviously you've had some upheaval in your life...I've been offering your situation up and praying for God to give you guidance and strength. So good to hear from you. I hope you can keep updating us. Praying for you and your family.

Love & Hugs

Debbie said...

I haven't been on the computer for a while so I'm just seeing this. I am so happy to see you again.

At first, you went "under the radar" so I knew not to bother clicking you on my home page. Every so often, I would click it just to check, and I noticed that you had opened back up but still were not posting.

I can't tell you how glad I am to see you post. Just so you know... you had posted just before your shut down of giving up a dream. I didn't know the context of it, but that along with the shut down made me called to pray for you anyway.

I guess it's because I know the pain of giving up a dream.

Anyway, I've BEEN praying so continuing will be a piece of cake. My dad lived for almost a year a thousand miles away from the rest of us as he waited for school to get out and our house to sell so we could join him. (House didn't sell... we joined him anyway.

I remember how difficult it was. I can pray with an understanding heart.

Again, I'm glad to see my favorite nutcase.

Debbie said...

Ooops. A little talkative there...

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...