Monday, July 30, 2012

Blogging, Smogging

Well, I guess since moving, I just haven't been that motivated to blog. I keep thinking that I will, and still the motivation is nowhere to be found. I haven't even really been reading that many blogs. I'm not sure if I will keep blogging or not. Or maybe I will just blog when I feel like it, which will probably be twice a year at this rate. I find this funny since blogging is a good way to keep my family updated since we moved by posting pictures and stuff, but it just seems to take too much energy.

When I first moved here, I was so depressed, and that lasted for about 4 1/2 months. I was just in a fog and didn't care about anything, especially blogging. I hated this city. I had a hard time focusing on anything and didn't want to do anything more than the basic necessities.

It wasn't until about 5-6 weeks ago that God snapped me out of my funk. Maybe I'll write about that later. Just don't hold your breath since I don't blog that much anymore-you might die from lack of oxygen. So now that I'm not depressed anymore, why am I not blogging? Well, I just don't want to. I have had so much living to catch up on with my family that blogging just has taken a back seat.

We have had some really sweet family time and all I want to do now is play. I haven't even wanted to organize my home that bad which is pretty good for this OCD person. It's not that I don't want it organized and decorated (we did after all just remodel our kitchen)-it's just that I realize it doesn't have to be done today. I just slowly work on it. I mean, there are still some days where I freak out and what it all done, but they are few and far between. The other days I'm too busy swimming, fishing, walking, or riding bikes. And we watch a lot of family movies now. This house is set up differently so we have a lot of nights where we eat dinner and watch a family movie (we have the whole great room set up where the kitchen and living room are kind of like one big room which I don't recommend if you have OCD like me). Anyways, I don't want to do this with every meal, because then you don't talk about some things, but it has been nice. I would say that in the 6 months since we have moved, we have spent more time as a family than ever before. I guess that's what happens when you don't know anyone. I would say we are closer now, all of us. My oldest is a teenager now which is weird, but I have thoroughly enjoyed having one. It has been fun watching my kids grow up.

So, this is good. This move is good. Maybe I'll blog more, maybe not. And obviously when I do blog, it's just a bunch of rambling, but oh well. My brain just doesn't think as much lately. Unless I'm playing. And with that, I'll quit rambling.

1 comment:

Lisa Maria said...

Hi Ima

I randomly decided to check your blog and discovered that I missed a few of your posts. I haven't been blogging myself that often...I've been spending less time online than I did before. I'm not sure if I missed it because of that or if when Google changed up everything if I'm no longer getting a feed...I'll have to check that out. Meanwhile I hope you and yours are okay. I'll send you an email to update you on my own situation...its way to long to put here.

Take care

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...