Sunday, February 16, 2014

This and That

I have a lot to say, but my brain is not exactly organized right now. It feels like a jumbled mess of thoughts that seem to make no sense. So, I thought I would start writing again by just writing my random thoughts down.

We have just recently passed our 2 year mark of living in the Dallas area. I wouldn't say that we love it yet, and it definitely doesn't feel like home. I would even be inclined to say that we still don't really even like it. I think we are getting better though.

All of our kids have struggled with the move; each in their own way. But all ways have required counseling. A lot of counseling.

Speaking of our kids, I just looked at the page that has their pictures. I guess it's time to update them. They have grown so much, being that they are almost 3 1/2 years older now. I'll get around to that in about another 3 years I'm guessing.

I owned the newest iPhone for about 16 hours. Then I started to almost break out in hives and have convulsions so I took it back and reactivated my little ol' flip phone. I texted (is that even a word?) about 3 times while I had it, and that was about all I could handle during those 16 hours. I know I'm an odd bird. It was a beautiful phone if a phone can be considered pretty. Part of me still wants it, because I found a really cute case to carry it in from one of my favorite stores. I thought about just buying the case and taping my flip phone to the inside of it. Told you-odd bird.

I applied to seminary, got in, have taken 1 1/2 classes and about to take a leave of absence, with it possibly becoming permanent. I have a lot of thinking to do about if I really want to be there. Maybe one day I will write about my experience, but for now that's all I'll say.

This move has blown up everything I have always thought. Not my foundational faith, but just how I looked at life and lived it out. It's hard to explain really, because it is not like I'm questioning everything I have ever stood for. It's just that I've been stripped of so many things that I feel like I'm basically rebuilding my life. When you are forced to do that, you can't help but double check your blueprint. Back home, I never really questioned much, especially what I thought God wanted me to do. Just read my "about" page-you will see that I always knew what I wanted to do. It never wavered-until I moved. Now, I don't know if God even wants me to do that or if I even want to do it anymore. For numerous reasons, I don't know if I want to be a part of that anymore. Like I said, maybe one day I will expand on what I mean-but only once I feel like I fully understand it myself.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Dinner is ready, and I have rambled enough for now. I'll ramble more later. Maybe writing about nothing will be good for me right now. And I'm not even checking spelling or grammar. Rebel!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...