Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Chronicles of a Depressed and Lost Soul (The Series)

I guess I could also call this series "Chronicles of A City that Sucks", but who am I kidding-this won't be a series. You have to write on a regular basis to have a series. The only series I could really have is "Chronicles of Half-Written Posts". Now that I could do. I think I have more "drafts" than actual "posts", but I'll give it a go anyways.

This morning I woke up feeling surprisingly pretty good. This is odd on many levels, but I felt pretty good physically so I'll take it. Mentally? Not so much. Depression is my ever present friend. Depression is not uncommon in people with my health issues, but throw in just the depression from moving and I find it hard to separate the two-it's all become one giant knot that I can't get out.

Anyways, my oldest stayed home from school today since she didn't feel well. I took two of our dogs to the groomers, stopping at Chick-fil-A on the way home to get my usual-a breakfast burrito with a large diet coke. I don't stop there everyday, but enough that I would consider myself a regular. I think to myself that I find it odd that the workers still act like they don't recognize me, or that I'm not a repeat customer that orders the same thing every time. Back home, I went to different places on a regular basis and always ended up being on a first name basis with most of the employees. It was anything that I did-it was just the way it was back home. They were friendly and welcoming like that.

I found myself back home, and I scraped the insides out of my burrito into a bowl, grabbed my drink and headed to my study. I sit in there a lot. I ate while I watched part of one of my TV shows I watch. Midway through, I left to go to my massage. I get one about every other week to help work out the knots, courtesy of Lyme's Disease, fibromyalgia and North Texas.

After my massage, I went to pick up one of my dogs, dropped off some fabric with cushions to get recovered, returned a movie, and got another diet coke.

Back home, I finished my show I was watching and started watching the other one I watch. The characters have become my only friends. It's really quite pathetic.

I did some dishes, a little bit of laundry, went to go pick up the other dog, read through some different blogs, skipped around the Internet reading the news, and then piddled some more around the house.

My other two kids got home from school and eventually my husband got home from work. We ate dinner, the kids should be in bed by now, and I am writing this post that has about a 1:1,000,000 chance of really becoming a series.

No comments:

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...